How to access free new relic provided by Pantheon?

Not applicable

From reading the Pantheon documentation, New Relic APM is provided as a free add-on. I followed the Pantheon documentation as described in their docs: https://pantheon.io/docs/articles/sites/newrelic/new-relic-performance-analysis/. When I click on "New Relic" in the pantheon dashboard I get a new page that says "SSO Login Failed". When I click on a specific link to the New Relic application for one of the three environments, I get the new relic login page. Has anybody been able to figure out how to login to new relic from within the pantheon dashboard?

Solved Solved
1 3 822
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @jose.cedeno ,

Please find the steps below that worked for me, You need to complete the setup before you see results,

Step 1: Enable New Relic add-on, Go to pantheon instance & click on Settings, Click on Add button below New Relic Add-On.

2156-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-80618-am.png

Step 2: You will see New Relic Link in the sidebar, click on it to access the dashboard,

2157-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-80948-am.png

Step 3: Click on Get the Data Link / Open New Relic, You will be navigated to "New Relic" Setup page, Agree to Terms & Conditions, You will be auto logged in using saml. If it's not working try logging out from pantheon & re-login to access same.

2158-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-81201-am.png

Step 4: You will be taken to setup page like below once, Click on New Relic APM,

2159-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-81638-am.png

Step 5 : Select PHP in next screen & Click on Listen for my application at bottom of screen,

2160-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-81807-am.png

Step 6: Navigate to Developer Portal & visit few pages so that new relic can start monitoring your application. Refresh few pages in browser. This step is very important otherwise new relic will never show up as started.

Step 7: After few minutes you will start seeing the link in your pantheon dashboard New relic section using which you can access New Relic Reports,

Step 8: Click on your site name to access some great reports,

Keep us posted if you have any queries. Thank you for asking this question & i believe pantheon documentation is not that great. It took me a while to figure out these things. I am sure it will be helpful for others too.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dear @jose.cedeno ,

Please find the steps below that worked for me, You need to complete the setup before you see results,

Step 1: Enable New Relic add-on, Go to pantheon instance & click on Settings, Click on Add button below New Relic Add-On.

2156-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-80618-am.png

Step 2: You will see New Relic Link in the sidebar, click on it to access the dashboard,

2157-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-80948-am.png

Step 3: Click on Get the Data Link / Open New Relic, You will be navigated to "New Relic" Setup page, Agree to Terms & Conditions, You will be auto logged in using saml. If it's not working try logging out from pantheon & re-login to access same.

2158-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-81201-am.png

Step 4: You will be taken to setup page like below once, Click on New Relic APM,

2159-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-81638-am.png

Step 5 : Select PHP in next screen & Click on Listen for my application at bottom of screen,

2160-screen-shot-2016-03-15-at-81807-am.png

Step 6: Navigate to Developer Portal & visit few pages so that new relic can start monitoring your application. Refresh few pages in browser. This step is very important otherwise new relic will never show up as started.

Step 7: After few minutes you will start seeing the link in your pantheon dashboard New relic section using which you can access New Relic Reports,

Step 8: Click on your site name to access some great reports,

Keep us posted if you have any queries. Thank you for asking this question & i believe pantheon documentation is not that great. It took me a while to figure out these things. I am sure it will be helpful for others too.

@Anil Sagar thanks for the detailed answer. I tried it again today and it works as expected. I am thinking that there might be a delay on things getting setup on the new relic side or maybe I just needed to clear my browser cache.

Awesome, Glad issue is resolved 🙂