Adding transformation in the Apigee Edge through Node sometimes slows down the speed of loading

I have a Node.js in Edge to transform data from a remote server. But when I check the speed of loading, it varies significantly every time. Sometimes it shows 2 sec or less, sometimes more than 30 sec. I was testing with both the browser and Curl command. Any good method to overcome this impediment? Thanks in advance.

2 3 382
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

hi - i know that we discovered some specific problems with node.js in edge. We isolated the issue down to the load of the data from the remote server (in other words, it was not related to transformation but to actually loading the data in memory.)

We saw some wild stuff happening too. There is a defect ticket open for it w/ support APIRT-2465

First we should find out where the extra time is coming in. Couple of things I would start with...

1) Trace the proxy as you hit it to try to see where the extra time is happening.

2) Since it's a node.js proxy, write to console.log to check times within the node.js code. You might want to log remote server response time, payload size, etc.

When you say "speed of loading", what specifically are you referring to? Is the time it takes to deploy a proxy into Edge? Is it the time for a single request to flow through Edge and your nodejs target, into the backend, and back? The time it takes for the Edge Admin UI to load the proxy into the display?

Something else? What?