Query regarding the Organization

Hello,

I am having a private APIGEE Setup. I have some queries regarding the ports and virtual hosts.

For eg: I had created a new organization with name "org1" , port "x1" and virtual host "v1". Now, i have created a new org with name "org2", port "x1" and virtual host "v1".

Does this have any implications in working of api proxies ?

Can we use same port / virtual host for different organizations ?

Thanks,

Pavan Kumar

Solved Solved
1 1 119
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Pavan Kumar,

You can certainly have the same virtual host name "v1" in multiple orgs. However, with regard to port #, it is a best practice to use a different port for each virtual host.

Please read Creating a virtual host for a Private Cloud installation for more details. Especially the following table gives you more information about this.

Port

Specifies the port number used by the virtual host. Ensure that the port is open on the Edge Router.

If you specify a port in a <HostAlias> element, then the port number specified by<Port> must match it.

While it is not required, it is a best practice to use a different port for each virtual host.

Note: A router can listen to only one HTTPS connection per virtual host, on a specific port, with the specified cert. Therefore, multiple virtual hosts cannot use the same port number if SSL termination occurs on the router at the specified port.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Amar

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Dear @Pavan Kumar,

You can certainly have the same virtual host name "v1" in multiple orgs. However, with regard to port #, it is a best practice to use a different port for each virtual host.

Please read Creating a virtual host for a Private Cloud installation for more details. Especially the following table gives you more information about this.

Port

Specifies the port number used by the virtual host. Ensure that the port is open on the Edge Router.

If you specify a port in a <HostAlias> element, then the port number specified by<Port> must match it.

While it is not required, it is a best practice to use a different port for each virtual host.

Note: A router can listen to only one HTTPS connection per virtual host, on a specific port, with the specified cert. Therefore, multiple virtual hosts cannot use the same port number if SSL termination occurs on the router at the specified port.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Amar