Level1 certification-Developer portal questions

mytre4411
Participant IV

In the Fundamentals of RestAPI Design,Foundation Training,Edge Developer BootCamp ,there is no topic covered for Developer portal.I hope these three courses are sufficient for clearing Level1 certification.Please confirm.

Also,I dont see any topics covered for Developer portal.Is Dev portal questions are present in Level1 certification?

Solved Solved
0 4 1,432
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Subbu R ,

Last time when I took certification I have seen 2 - 4 questions on Developer Portal. You can find Basics of Developer Portal topic in E-Learning Site. Please find link for same here. Smartdocs basics are covered in 1 - 2 questions. You can find more about Smartdocs here.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries, All the best if you are planning to take Level 1 Certification.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Subbu R ,

Last time when I took certification I have seen 2 - 4 questions on Developer Portal. You can find Basics of Developer Portal topic in E-Learning Site. Please find link for same here. Smartdocs basics are covered in 1 - 2 questions. You can find more about Smartdocs here.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries, All the best if you are planning to take Level 1 Certification.

Thanks @Anil Sagar ....

I am planning to take up soon.I went through the elearning courses on Fundamentals of RestAPI Design,Foundation Training,Edge Developer BootCamp.As you adviced,I will go through Dev portal and Smartdocs basics.

Please let me know if I need to prepare anything else.There is no practice test anywhere to assess ourselves before the test.

Because..each attempt costs 100 dollars 😞 .

@Subbu R , Point of certification is to test the practical experience of Apigee Edge & differentiate certified vs non-certified. Apart from going through the E-Learning courses, I strongly suggest getting hands on experience before attempting the Level 1 certification. Please find my experience of taking Apigee Certification here. Let me take up the idea of practice test with the team who handles certification. @Birute Awasthi Any comments / suggestions on practice test ?

Not applicable

@Subbu R,

Anil is spot on regarding the Level1 Certification exam. The intent is to test the theory knowledge on Apigee policies, javascript, NodeJS and BaaS and also a little of Dev Portal and Swagger/Smartdoc. While the focus is more on the fundamental understanding of these elements, it gets into the detail knowledge and nuances for each element. Therefore, hands on experience is very important because that is when you will start paying attention to the little details. Only theory will not get you there.

The level2 Certification is about your hands on experience. This is a project based test where you will be given scenarios for which you have to build Apigee proxies. The scenarios are based on the real world use cases that you will encounter commonly. This exam will test your hands on knowledge of different aspects of Apigee Edge Platform including NodeJS. Although it is not overly complicated, attention to details is required. The graders focus on the following aspects:

Completing the use cases provided (happy path and all possible error conditions, graceful exits and proper error messages)

Good Design (Pay attention to good design, following best practices)

Optimized and efficient solution (pay attention to code efficiency)

A lot of material is available online including the eLearning videos and excercises. Also, there is example / sample code available that you are allowed to go over to learn things etc.

Thanks and hope this helps. Good luck with the Certification.

-Pradeep