Developer Portal for Free Account

Not applicable

Hi. Is it possible to get the Drupal source code of Developer Portal for Free account?

1 11 1,488
11 REPLIES 11

adas

@Ronald de la Cruz I don't think the developer portal source code is something that we would share. The developer portal code base is the same for free as well as enterprise (paid) accounts. May I know, what exactly are you looking for ?

1. How will i update Drupal? (on free)

2. How will i change the theme, make modifications in some logic, like adding analytics per developer/product account? (on free) For example, developer.gracenote.com

3. Is it possible to link my free developer portal to pantheon.io?

3. If we buy enterprise, the source code should be available then? So we could install it on-premise

@Ronald de la Cruz ,

Is it possible to get the Drupal source code of Developer Portal for Free account?

• We no longer provide Drupal Source code access for free portals.

How will i update Drupal? (on free)

• Updates will be published by Apigee & Applied automatically on cloud.
  • If you would like to apply any hot-fix before Apigee, you are free to do & maintain same once you get access to pantheon.

How will i change the theme, make modifications in some logic, like adding analytics per developer/product account? (on free) For example, developer.gracenote.com

• Once you get access to pantheon code base, you can do any modifications like adding a contrib module, custom module , custom theme, css etc. You will have complete control of the dev portal instance.

Is it possible to link my free developer portal to pantheon.io?

• I don't get what do you mean link free portal to pantheon.io. Apigee Cloud Developer portals are hosted in pantheon environment & talk to Apigee Edge cloud via Management APIs.
  • Free portals / Paid Portals , All Apigee edge cloud customers portals are hosted in pantheon.io

If we buy enterprise, the source code should be available then? So we could install it on-premise

• Are you talking about Enterprise cloud / Enterprise Private Cloud (OnPrem) ? In both the cases you will get access to source code of dev portal.
  • As i said earlier, In case of Apigee Edge Cloud purchase, Portal will be provisioned in Pantheon.io & given you access. In case of Apigee Edge private cloud, Portal will be install on your onpremise servers.
  • Are you talking about portal OnPremise & Apigee Edge cloud ? You need to talk to sales regarding license & other terms and conditions.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries.

For free edition, I already requested that -

http://dev-rcdelacruz.devportal.apigee.com

I am just wondering if this could be accessed via pantheon.io? Also, why is the portal is very slow? And if i will create a custom module and custom API calls to Management API (like getting analytics, etc) would that be possible on free right? But can you give me docs on how to do it? Do i have an ftp access or use drush to do that?

Yes, I am talking about onprem on my last question. I will just consult our infra team if their enterprise version has this. Thanks

@Ronald de la Cruz ,

I am just wondering if this could be accessed via pantheon.io?

• I don't get what exactly yoy mean, "this could be accessed via pantheon.io"
  • Are you talking about pantheon dashboard access which will give you codebase / database / ftp access ? If yes, You need separate credentials for them apart from devportal Admin credentials.
  • You will login to pantheon dashboard using https://dashboard.getpantheon.com/login & your pantheon credentials if Apigee shared same with you.

If you have pantheon access, you might have received mail like below one,

2152-screen-shot-2016-03-13-at-120314-pm.png

Also, why is the portal is very slow?

• It's a free instance & we don't guarantee uptime / performance on same.

And if i will create a custom module and custom API calls to Management API (like getting analytics, etc) would that be possible on free right?

• Yes, It's possible. Once you have access to pantheon dashboard to your instance you can do same.

But can you give me docs on how to do it?

• You need Drupal custom module development experience to do same. Out of the box Apigee Edge PHP SDK & Apigee DevConnect module hooks will help you implement same.

Do i have an ftp access or use drush to do that?

• Once you get pantheon dashboard access, you will have access to both ftp & drush. It's up to you which one you would like to use to interact with developer portal.

Keep us posted if you have any further queries.

@Anil Sagar

I am really got confused between apigee developer portal service and pantheon.io access. I thought they are connected after I got the apigee access.

Btw, below is the only email I got from Apigee. What I really want to know is how I would get the code? Do I need to reply to that and request for it, or you could help me get that? 🙂 Then if I get the code, I could upload that to pantheon.io portal?

@Ronald de la Cruz , I have just verified, You are not added to pantheon instance of your developer portal.

@Chris Novak : What is the process to request access to same ?

Hi @Anil Sagar, Any update on this? 🙂

Hi, Can someone please enlightened me on how could I get access my developer portal via pantheon.io?

@Chris Novak , @Daniel Johnson , @Gitesh Koli , @harsh Seems like @Ronald de la Cruz got the portal access but not pantheon access. Is there a process to grant same for evaludation needs ? What do you think ?

@Ronald de la Cruz , Unfortunately, For free portals we no longer provide pantheon access. Find more info here. If you are interested, You can checkout Apigee Pricing plans here.