node script error during high load conditions

ccovney
Participant V

OPDK (private cloud) Version 4.15.04.03.

Hi everyone,

We have an API Proxy bundle which uses a node.js target, and our performance team noticed the logs getting flooded with the below error message during a high volume test:

2016-02-15 08:18:13,182 org:Intralinks env:staging api:workspaceCustomFields_rev4_2016_01_25 rev:1  Trireme: Intralinks__staging__workspaceCustomFields_rev4_2016_01_25__app.js ERROR NODE_SCRIPT_OUTPUT - LogOutputStream.output() : 

I googled the ERROR NOTE SCRIPT OUTPUT - LogOutputStream.output() bit, but I was only able to somewhat confirm that this happens in Trireme, and not so much in "regular node."

If anyone has any ideas what this LogOutputStream error could be caused by, that would be fantastic! Thanks in advance and let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Chris

0 2 181
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

@Chris Coveney,

ERROR NODE_SCRIPT_OUTPUT -LogOutputStream.output() doesn't say anything as trireme logs that prefix(String) for any kind of exception.

For example, I have seen errors like below

ERRORNODE_SCRIPT_OUTPUT - LogOutputStream.output() : *** Script nodetarget.js exited with status code -1: java.lang.LinkageError: loader constraint violation: loader

It will be good if you can copy few more lines which can give an idea of what's causing the exception.

ccovney
Participant V

Hi Maruti,

Ah, ok. It appears that node is putting our debug level logs in the error node script log output stream. The string which follows all of our "errors" is "debug: backend service url = api.intralinks.com." I believe these can be safely ignored, especially considering they did not produce any failures in the performance testing. Thanks for your help.

Best,

Chris