Getting DNS error trying to reach API after successfu deploy

Not applicable

Solved Solved
1 5 434
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Mike Morin,

The issue was caused because the DNS records were not setup for <org>-<env>.apigee.net in both test and prod environments. I have set them up for you now. I also ran the weather api and it worked fine (got a 200 OK response). Please verify at your end.

Thanks,

Amar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

I successfully deployed my API to both test and production but am getting a DNS error in my browser when trying to reach the APIs. For example, here is the error I see for my test API: The server at mmorin-test.apigee.net can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed.

@Mike Morin,

Welcome to Apigee Community !

I am looking into this issue, will get back to you at the earliest.

@Mike Morin,

The issue was caused because the DNS records were not setup for <org>-<env>.apigee.net in both test and prod environments. I have set them up for you now. I also ran the weather api and it worked fine (got a 200 OK response). Please verify at your end.

Thanks,

Amar

@AMAR DEVEGOWDA,

Yes, it is working now. Thanks!. Was the cause of this something I did wrong, or neglected to do when setting my my account or proxies? I'd like to know in case other team members have this problem.

Thanks again,

Mike

@Mike Morin,

Due to some issue during provisioning of the org at our end, the DNS records were not set up. As I said I have setup them up for your org. We are working towards fixing the org provisoning tool, which will automatically do this. Once it is addressed, we should not be seeing this issue.

Regards,

Amar