How can I apply different plug-ins for Edge Micro proxies?

The plugins configured in agent/config/default.yaml are applied to all the proxies. But I want it to be applied differently.

Eg. I have proxy1 and proxy2. For proxy1 I want to apply SpikeArrest and OAuth. For proxy2 I want to apply SpikeArrest and a custom plugin that I have written.

How can I configure that?

1 3 396
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

I think you'd have to grab the proxy path and discriminate on that in your plugin.... If you wanted to be really fancy then I suppose you could create a plugin that *itself* registers other plugins and then setup your own config ... Basically, you'd create your own config, say, a yaml for your proxy-path's and then a list of plugins below that ... then you'd have to call those yourself from inside your own logic.

Sounds like it could be a fun little mini-project.

Not applicable

manually and with a lot of work. you will end up either re-architecting the plugin core or writing unwieldy case statements (in my estimate) this is something I am going to put some thought into soon - but my solution may be more of a work-around using external tools (right now i do a long w/ terraform and such tools - so I guess ill go find some way to automate content routing? )

adas

@sudheendra1 Seems like a really good feature request item. I am sure, sooner or later everyone would have a need for this, so we should make this a feature request for Edge Micro.