silent install not running

chiki_sun
Participant III

I tried the following but nothing happens. Missing something am i?

# ./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt ./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt

Usage: apigee-install.sh [-h | [-r <path>] [-d <path>] [-j <java home>]] -h | --help : Display usage information -r | --root <path> : Installation root, / not allowed -d | --dataroot <path> : Data storage root, / not allowed -j | --java <java home> : JDK 1.7 home

Solved Solved
0 8 423
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello leo,

Can you try in two steps

./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt

./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt

-Vinay

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Hello leo,

Can you try in two steps

./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt

./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt

-Vinay

Thanks Vinay. When I was reading the install doc, this appears as 1 line "

./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt ./opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f /home/user/response.txt"

I am good now. Thx

Hi @leo sun,

As @vinay poreddy mentioned, these should be run as two separate commands.

I also see that you have the path to apigee-setup.sh prepended with a ".", which indicates "here". Is the absolute path actually supposed to be /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh ? If so, you need to remove the dot as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

Hi @leo sun,

As @vinay poreddy mentioned, these should be run as two separate commands.

I also see that you have the path to apigee-setup.sh prepended with a ".", which indicates a relative path beginning "here" (in your current working directory). Is your absolute path actually supposed to be /opt/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh ? If so, you need to remove the dot as well.

Hope this helps. Thanks.

sgilson
Participant V

Leo,

Where did you see it in the doc as a single command? I want to make sure to fix that.

Thanks,

Stephen

chiki_sun
Participant III

In the 15.07 install guide in the silent installation section.

For example on page 113, it has

Install and Configure Datastore Cluster Node: Machine 1, 2 and 3 ./apigee-install.sh -j /usr/java/default -r /opt -d /opt /<inst-root>/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f config-5h

I thought the page is not wide enough so "

/<inst-root>/apigee4/share/installer/apigee-setup.sh -p ds -f config-5h" was displayed in the next line and did not realize it is actually a new line.

thanks, I'll take a look.

I reported earlier in below post.We are using 15.0.4, I thought it was fixed in latest release..may be please fix in all versions if possible to avoid any confusion to customers.

https://community.apigee.com/questions/14904/what-are-the-steps-for-silent-installation-of-apig.html