The server at xxxxxxx-test.apigee.net can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed

Not applicable

Just decided to give apigee a try, signed up for trial account and got started with the basic tutorial for the yahoo weather api. Immediately stumbled into this problem where the DNS doesn't seem to be resolving. I saw another very similar post about this, except the user seemed to have a different domain with e2e in it, which was a problem. I have no e2e, so not sure what the issue is in my case.

Solved Solved
2 5 1,493
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @Thomas Messier,

Thanks for sharing the org details. You were getting 503 error because the DNS records were not setup for <org>-<env>.apigee.net in both your test and prod environments. I have set them up for you now. I also ran the weather api and it worked fine (got a 200 OK response). Please verify at your end.

Thanks,

Amar

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Dear @Thomas Messier,

Welcome to Apigee Community !

Can you please provide some more details like complete error message seen (attach screenshot if possible) and when do you see this error ? Also do share the org name.

We will help you to resolve the issue.

Thanks,

Amar

Not applicable

Org name is tm8747a. Error is a 503 unavailable error. Tried from the Trace screen and the console screen and got the same from both.

Dear @Thomas Messier,

Thanks for sharing the org details. You were getting 503 error because the DNS records were not setup for <org>-<env>.apigee.net in both your test and prod environments. I have set them up for you now. I also ran the weather api and it worked fine (got a 200 OK response). Please verify at your end.

Thanks,

Amar

Yep, seems to be good now, thanks!

Just FYI, the problem was due to a misconfiguration on Apigee's side. This resulted in organizations getting provisioned with the e2e names, instead of the way they should have been. We've corrected that now. Sorry for the trouble!