Cannot Delete API proxy - Application referred in deleted apiproduct

Not applicable

I am trying to remove some of the sample apiproxy from github that I added, but unable to due to the following message.

2077-screen-shot-2016-02-29-at-85415-am.png

The same error affects a few of the sample ones (apikey, oauth ones)

The problem is ExpensiveProduct and CheapProduct are already remeoved

I have tried to use the rest endpoint through http://docs.apigee.com/management/apis/delete/organizations/%7borg_name%7d/apis/%7bapi_name%7d with same result.

And when i try to remove the referred product (ExpensiveProduct, CheapProduct),

I get a 404 error

"message": "APIProxy named ExpensiveProduct does not exist in organization ..."

Thanks,

Sun

Solved Solved
1 4 775
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Sun N,

Thanks for sharing the org name. I checked in your org and found that the API Products "ExpensiveProduct" and "CheapProduct" still exist.

1. If you use the List API Products for your org "sunny-test", it lists the following API Productsasdaas

[
  "ExpensiveProduct",
  "CheapProduct",
  "PremiumWeatherAPI"
]

2. In the UI, if you go to "Publish" Tab and select "Products", it displays the following 3 Products:

Premium API bundle
Entry level API bundle
Premium Weather API

3. However, if you go inside each of the product, you see that "Name" of the Product and "Display Name" of the Product are different.

For ex: The Product "ExpensiveProduct" has the display name "Premium API bundle" and "CheapProduct" has the display name "Entry level API bundle"

4. In the UI, the Products are displayed by their respective Display Names. Hence, you might have thought that ExpensiveProduct and CheapProduct are already deleted.

5. These products are referring to API proxies like apikey, oauth-authcode etc. So, you are not able to delete them.

If you want to delete the API proxies, either

• Remove the reference to the corresponding API proxies from all the Products or
  • Delete the API Products themselves if you don't need them.

Regards,

Amar

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Sun N,

Is this on OPDK or Cloud ? If it's on Cloud, can you please share the org name ?

I will look into the issue and update you.

Regards,

Amar

This is cloud. Org name "sunny-test"

Thanks.

@Sun N,

Thanks for sharing the org name. I checked in your org and found that the API Products "ExpensiveProduct" and "CheapProduct" still exist.

1. If you use the List API Products for your org "sunny-test", it lists the following API Productsasdaas

[
  "ExpensiveProduct",
  "CheapProduct",
  "PremiumWeatherAPI"
]

2. In the UI, if you go to "Publish" Tab and select "Products", it displays the following 3 Products:

Premium API bundle
Entry level API bundle
Premium Weather API

3. However, if you go inside each of the product, you see that "Name" of the Product and "Display Name" of the Product are different.

For ex: The Product "ExpensiveProduct" has the display name "Premium API bundle" and "CheapProduct" has the display name "Entry level API bundle"

4. In the UI, the Products are displayed by their respective Display Names. Hence, you might have thought that ExpensiveProduct and CheapProduct are already deleted.

5. These products are referring to API proxies like apikey, oauth-authcode etc. So, you are not able to delete them.

If you want to delete the API proxies, either

• Remove the reference to the corresponding API proxies from all the Products or
  • Delete the API Products themselves if you don't need them.

Regards,

Amar

Thanks!!

That was it!