What is validation true/false in Apigee base configuration.

Not applicable

Would like to know more about this tag and its functionality.

<validate>true</validate>

The page @ http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/reference/api-proxy-configuration-reference#baseconfiguration does not have any reference to this tag.

0 7 865
7 REPLIES 7

Can you provide some additional context. Where are you seeing this tag? I'm not clear what you're asking about.

@Dino I believe he's talking about the <validate> tag being used in the metadata section of the apigee proxy bundle. For example, see the snippet below:

<APIProxy revision="46" name="HelloWorld">
     <Policy>SpikeArrest</Policy>
    </Policies>
    <ProxyEndpoints>
        <ProxyEndpoint>default</ProxyEndpoint>
    </ProxyEndpoints>
    <Resources/>
    <Spec/>
    <TargetServers/>
    <TargetEndpoints>
        <TargetEndpoint>default</TargetEndpoint>
    </TargetEndpoints>
    <validate>false</validate>	
</APIProxy>

?

Not applicable

The {bundle}.xml file is a summary of the deployed API Proxy.

The Validate tag indicates that the bundle validated on deployment. Changing this value will have no impact on a subsequent deployment of the bundle.

Many of the tags are not documented, but you can review what is documented at: Base Configuration

@Dallen How can I disable/enable this validation?

@Dallen We had a similar question. We check our proxies into a source control whenever there is a change. This is mainly because we have two planets in our environment. We frequently see this tag either being removed or added (<validate>false</validate). It doesn't seem to impact anything. We just wanted to confirm it will not have any negative impacts.

You don't need to worry about it.

It's a vestige from when Apigee Edge had optional validation of proxy bundles.

That no longer is optional.

But the tag remains. It;'s a bug that it appears at all.

I'll see if I can remove it. But it's safe to ignore.

Thanks for the info
@Dino-at-Google