Remote invocation of the Environment Scripts

Not applicable

I am trying to remotly call the add-env shell script .I have been able to do so by making a secure connection to the machine and then invoking the scipt with params .

i am doing something like this via my java program :

add-en.sh [-P admin-password] [-o org-name] [-e env-name] [-A] [-l mp-list] [-v vhost-name] [-p vhost-port] [-a vhost-alias]

Here each time i call the script i pass a different environment name .Do i need to mention a different port as well for each environment name ,provided i have just one virtual host ?

0 1 37
1 REPLY 1

I think using different port for each environment is a good idea - but not a hard requirement

The hard requirement is each environment must have a unique combination of "port + vhost-alias"

Also remember, Router will listen on the port you configure here - so assuming you have a LB in front, you will configure LB to forward to this Router port

Another tip - if you want to invoke this externally - have you tried using the APIs - check out the add-env.sh - you will find all the APIs necessary to do this. Using APIs will provide you more flexibility - you could probably even create a UI app