The server at xxxxx-xxxxxx.e2e.apigee.net 503 can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed.

Not applicable

I encountered strange problem deploying API Proxies - every Proxy that I create (even sample "hello world" proxy) gives me error 503. If i open proxy in browser I'm getting "The server at xxxxxx-xxxxxxx.e2e.apigee.net can't be found, because the DNS lookup failed.".

Starting trace does not give me anything just red '503' label. Also whole account behaves strange : all analytics pages are displaying popup error with :

The report timed out Try again with a smaller date range or a larger aggregation interval.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks

Solved Solved
0 14 67.9K
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

adas
Participant V

@Sleep Number The issue has been identified and resolved. However, for your org looks like we need to change your virtualhost config and create new DNS entries. I would suggest you open a support ticket with us to get this taken care of. Once that's taken care of you should be all set.

So basically, your virtualhost aliases should look like {org}-{env}.apigee.net instead of e2e.apigee.net. Our support team can take care of that once you open a case with them.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

this is apigee internal, are you an apigee employee?

Nop. Trial account.

@Sleep Number When did you create the trial account?

@sarthak Two days ago 2/23 around 07:30AM CEST

adas
Participant V

Remove e2e.apigee.net and try just apigee.net in the domain name. It should work as long your account is active and was provisioned correctly

Not applicable

When I delete 'e2e' im getting 404 'An error has occurred' (not just for my Proxy but for sample 'Hello world' js proxy as well and cannot trace anything).

In addition to that, im getting ton of errors on dasboard: Report timeouted, Error fetching schemav2, ...

adas
Participant V

Take a look at your virtualhosts under environment configuration. For both test and prod, your virtualhosts should look something like {org}-{env}.apigee.net. Can you try making your api calls with that host and the basepath according to your proxy configuration.

Not applicable

Im having {org}-{env}.e2e.apigee.net for http and https (note e2e part in domain) but that domain cannot be resolved, e.g. if i ping that domain im getting 'ping: cannot resolve sleep99-test.e2e.apigee.net: Unknown host'

2057-screen-shot-2016-02-25-at-44141-pm.png

adas
Participant V

@Sleep Number I am looking at your virtualhost, something seems to be wrong. I will get back to you in a few minutes. The virtualhosts seem to have been provisioned with the wrong domain name.

adas
Participant V

@Sleep Number We have identified a problem with the trial org provisioning and are actively working on fixing it. Once I have more details I would let you know. We have created an internal P1, and trying to resolve this ASAP. Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will keep you posted.

adas
Participant V

@Sleep Number The issue has been identified and resolved. However, for your org looks like we need to change your virtualhost config and create new DNS entries. I would suggest you open a support ticket with us to get this taken care of. Once that's taken care of you should be all set.

So basically, your virtualhost aliases should look like {org}-{env}.apigee.net instead of e2e.apigee.net. Our support team can take care of that once you open a case with them.

@arghya das so I have to wait for you guys to accept my access to support portal? Just confirming because I made a request for access and want to see what would be the next steps

Not applicable

Hi @arghya das, issue with Proxy has been resolved. Thanks a lot! But still we are encountering problem with analytics pages, where we are getting Timeout errors (see attachment) and Analytics data will not show - instead of graphs it just displays : 'Loading data ...'

2079-screen-shot-2016-02-29-at-44454-pm.png

adas
Participant V

@Sleep Number In the interest of keeping the community article relevant, may I ask you to post a different question for this one. This looks like an issue with the analytics calls timing out, but we can discuss more on the new thread.