When Apigee Edge is deployed on private cloud, whether restarting requires a downtime or can we do a hot reload?

Not applicable

I am thinking of deploying Apigee Edge on private cloud. I have a small question, whether a downtime is needed to restart Edge services or can we do a hot reload? If we can do a hot reload, can you guys help me with some documentation or some details?

Thanks in advance.

Solved Solved
2 1 257
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There is no downtime, You will need to do a rolling restart / updates - there is no hot reload

It is a private cloud - there are many apigee services that constitutes this deployment spanning multiple VMs/instances. Deployment plan takes into account for HA, redundancy for all the services.

So you can perform a rolling restart/update to the entire apigee deployment without any downtime

Please refer to the Private cloud install and configuration guide for more details on the deployment scenarios and more details

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

There is no downtime, You will need to do a rolling restart / updates - there is no hot reload

It is a private cloud - there are many apigee services that constitutes this deployment spanning multiple VMs/instances. Deployment plan takes into account for HA, redundancy for all the services.

So you can perform a rolling restart/update to the entire apigee deployment without any downtime

Please refer to the Private cloud install and configuration guide for more details on the deployment scenarios and more details