Error sending SmartDocs request from IE 11

Not applicable

We are getting a 500 error when we try sending requests from SmartDocs.

2010-screenshot.png

This error does not occur on Chrome.

https://community.apigee.com/questions/9620/error-sending-smartdocs-api-request-from-dev-porta.html

The above link seem to refer to the same error but doesn't seem to have been resolved.

0 3 209
3 REPLIES 3

Not applicable

Another note: It doesn't even seem to go though the flows in Apigee. I tried entering a random string as the api_key and it didn't through up the invalid api key resoponse.

Not applicable

@Pallani Kumaran As per your linked article, this is a problem with user-agent parsing in the SmartDocs proxy when using IE11. This is why the request never makes it to your own proxy for debugging as the failure is earlier on in the request flow.

Sending an IE10 user-agent string allows the call to correctly return the expected values. There is a bug logged for this problem (DEVSOL-2063), and I will see if I can get a timescale for a fix.

In the meantime, the workaround is to send a different user-agent string e.g. the IE10 user-agent string is "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; Trident/6.0)" which works correctly.

To close the loop on this problem, a fix has been deployed and Smartdocs calls in IE11 now work correctly