login button gone on dev portal with bootstrap theme

Not applicable

Hi Apigee community,

I have switched to the bootstrap 3 theme for the developer portal, but now my login link in the navigation top right corner is gone. If I manually go to /user/login the login form is displayed inline in the content block, although before it was in a modal. Furthermore I do see the My Account and Logout buttons, so adding the user login menu to the navigation does not fix my issue.

Anyone know where to look and how to fix?

Kind regards!

Solved Solved
0 7 581
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Not applicable

@jan.willem.hennink: You could do this two ways. The first way is to create two blocks, one of which is to be displayed to logged-in users, the other to anonymous users. You would then use Context rules to dictate which is displayed.

The other way to do this would be to create a custom module which implements hook_block_info and hook_block_view to expose a block created in code. You would want to set this block to be cacheable per-user.

View solution in original post

Not applicable

@jan.willem.hennink Disable the "Accounts.apigee.com login" and "Apigee SSO UI" modules to remove that button.

"Authenticate with Apigee" only works with *.apigee.com domain names anyway. The button won't appear when served on your own custom domain. Regardless, if none of your users will be authenticating this way, you will get slightly better performance disabling these modules (and any other modules that you aren't actually using).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

In the Apigee Responsive theme, this button is generated in page.tpl.php. You'll need to either create a custom block containing this link, or customize your own page.tpl.php.

The Apigee Responsive theme also has support for opening certain forms in a modal box, using the "Bootstrap modal forms" module. However, that module is known to have issues with recent releases of the Bootstrap theme. I recommend disabling that module and adding something like the Twitter Bootstrap Modal module (https://www.drupal.org/project/twitter_bootstrap_modal).

Hi @Daniel Johnson thnx for your reply and help!

Could you explain in a bit more detail on how to show this login link block only when persons are not logged in?

thank you, Jan Willem

Not applicable

@jan.willem.hennink: You could do this two ways. The first way is to create two blocks, one of which is to be displayed to logged-in users, the other to anonymous users. You would then use Context rules to dictate which is displayed.

The other way to do this would be to create a custom module which implements hook_block_info and hook_block_view to expose a block created in code. You would want to set this block to be cacheable per-user.

thnx, worked!

@Daniel Johnson

One more question, do you know how to disable: "Authenticate with Apigee"?

Not applicable

@jan.willem.hennink Disable the "Accounts.apigee.com login" and "Apigee SSO UI" modules to remove that button.

"Authenticate with Apigee" only works with *.apigee.com domain names anyway. The button won't appear when served on your own custom domain. Regardless, if none of your users will be authenticating this way, you will get slightly better performance disabling these modules (and any other modules that you aren't actually using).

Did you find a solution to that? I am having the same issue and I need a solution for that.