Why isn't my new SmartDoc appearing in the APIs section of my Developer Portal?

Not applicable

I attempted to add a new smart doc for my API but it's not appearing in the APIs section of my Developer Portal but I can't figure out why. I tried following all of the steps on the "How to document your APIs by using SmartDocs" page in the Apigee Edge online documentation.

It appears that the proper Drupal modules are configured because I do see the sample SmartDoc appear for "Get Weather for WOEID" API.

I followed all of the steps in the online documentation to add a new model manually via the admin interface. And I see my new model appear under the Drupal admin menu (SmartDocs option). I followed the steps to render the model and publish the new Drupal nodes. Lastly, I cleared the caches by going to the SmartDocs Settings page and clicking "Clear SmartDocs HTML caches." I even cleared the Drupal caches by going to Configuration > Development > Performance and clicking "Clear all caches" just to be sure everything was cleared. However, despite all that, I'm still not seeing the SmartDoc for my new API (only the sample one for the "Get Weather for WOEID."

Is there any other admin screen I can go to verify settings or get some clues as to what might be preventing my new SmartDocs from appearing? I'm not sure how to troubleshoot this. I searched through the Community Forum but can't find any similar question/answers to this problem. Any guidance or suggestions how to debug this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Solved Solved
0 6 861
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @michael.mcpadden ,

If content exists in 'admin/content' page then corresponding view also exists in "admin/structure/views" page.

Find out the path for corresponding model which lists above smartdocs content from "admin/structure/views" page. Generally it is 'model-name/apis' .

Create a new menu link under main menu "admin/structure/menu/manage/main-menu" and point your menu like to above views page.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@michael.mcpadden If you create a new model in Smart Docs you can find new content type automatically created for you.

Can you verify any content exist under above content type when you navigate to "admin/content" page as administrator ? You can filter contents by content type in "admin/content" screen.

Not applicable

Thank you for the advice @asagar. I verified that the content does exist by going to the admin/content page. However, it appears I must still be missing some other step. 😞

Dear @michael.mcpadden ,

If content exists in 'admin/content' page then corresponding view also exists in "admin/structure/views" page.

Find out the path for corresponding model which lists above smartdocs content from "admin/structure/views" page. Generally it is 'model-name/apis' .

Create a new menu link under main menu "admin/structure/menu/manage/main-menu" and point your menu like to above views page.

Cheers,

Anil Sagar

Thanks Anil. This step helped me to verify that the content did exist and pointed me in a new direction. During more troubleshooting, I discovered that I still needed to take additional steps via the admin/content/blocks page to control the appearance on my developer home page (and hide the "Get Weather for WOEID" example). Thanks for all your help!

Mike

Hi Michael

Did you find out how to make the API(SMARTDOCS) appear on the site..I have added a SMARTDOC and Content but still not able to make the API appear on the site

Hi @svikaas,

If you're talking about automatically adding SmartDocs under My Api Menu, then you have to

build a new View by navigating to Administrator->Structure->Views.

Click on add a New View.

Give a name for the view and in the path, enter the path of the My Api Menu.

eg: user/me/apis

This can be found by going to Administrator->Structure->Menu

Click on list links corresponding to Main Menu and edit corresponding to My Api

Copy the path given in the path box.

This should automatically show your smartdocs under My Api menu

Thanks,

Mayank