devportal integration with workflow engine

Not applicable

We are evaluating Apigee Dev portal to replace our existing portal. Since, i'm new to apigee edge, appreciate if someone can give the direction for me.

Our existing portal has two flavours, namely admin & dev portal. External developers uses Dev portal to onborad themselfs and apps as well as promote application to production. The responsiblity of Admin portal is to authorize external developers/apps & handle fallouts

I have following queries;

1. Our existing dev portal integrated with a workflow engine (JBPM) which uses to create a ticket in admin portal for approval. How can i achieve the same behavior in Apigee Dev portal?
  2. Can you recommend any workflow engine which caters above requirement?
  3. Is their any demo apigee dev portals for me to get some idea?
Solved Solved
0 2 402
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @safraz hanas ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

Glad to hear you are evaluating Apigee Dev portal, Please find some details regarding Apigee Developer portal,

• Apigee Developer portal is built on top of famous open source CMS Drupal.
  • Apigee Developer portal has inbuilt integration with Apigee Edge which allows developers to create apps / get keys.
  • Apigee Developer portal is not sold separately & always comes as a package with Apigee Edge & works with Apigee Edge.
  • Customisations / Workflows can be easily integrated into Apigee Developer Portal by writing simple custom modules.

Regarding Queries,

1. Our existing dev portal integrated with a workflow engine (JBPM) which uses to create a ticket in admin portal for approval. How can i achieve the same behavior in Apigee Dev portal?

• You can make default settings for developer apps / api products as "inactive" / "need approval"
  • Create separate roles for Developers & Admin using Drupal CMS out of the box feature
  • On App creation using out of the box rules module integration trigger email to users who belong to Admin role
  • Build a custom screen / page using drupal custom module to list apps which are in approval pending state & provide admin role users to approve / reject same.

You can use drupal workflow module to build app approval workflow using a custom module. Need drupal experience.

3. Is there any demo apigee dev portals for me to get some idea?

We have implemented similar features to various customers developer portals. If you need a demo please get in touch with Apigee Sales.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dear @safraz hanas ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

Glad to hear you are evaluating Apigee Dev portal, Please find some details regarding Apigee Developer portal,

• Apigee Developer portal is built on top of famous open source CMS Drupal.
  • Apigee Developer portal has inbuilt integration with Apigee Edge which allows developers to create apps / get keys.
  • Apigee Developer portal is not sold separately & always comes as a package with Apigee Edge & works with Apigee Edge.
  • Customisations / Workflows can be easily integrated into Apigee Developer Portal by writing simple custom modules.

Regarding Queries,

• You can make default settings for developer apps / api products as "inactive" / "need approval"
  • Create separate roles for Developers & Admin using Drupal CMS out of the box feature
  • On App creation using out of the box rules module integration trigger email to users who belong to Admin role
  • Build a custom screen / page using drupal custom module to list apps which are in approval pending state & provide admin role users to approve / reject same.

You can use drupal workflow module to build app approval workflow using a custom module. Need drupal experience.

3. Is there any demo apigee dev portals for me to get some idea?

We have implemented similar features to various customers developer portals. If you need a demo please get in touch with Apigee Sales.

Thanks @Anil Sagar, i'll consider your recommendations.