How to remove user field from registration form

Not applicable

Hi,

I need to customize my registration form, which loads from

profiles\apigee\modules\contrib\bootstrap_modal_forms\bootstrap_modal_forms.module. I need to remove user field from registration form and need to add new fields like phone no, address, country, zip code along with captcha refresh. can anyone help on this?

Solved Solved
0 6 1,766
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Dear @leena ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂 Apigee Developer portal is built on top of famous open source CMS Drupal. You can implement /change many features in developer portal without writing code using developer portal configurable screens. Little bit of drupal experience will help you to achieve same.

BTB, Username field is mandatory, you cannot remove same. If you don't want to show that in registration form, you can use contrib module like Automatic User Names.

Step 1 : Login as admin

Step 2 : Navaigate to ""admin/config/people/accounts/fields" to remove fields or add new fields.

Step 3 : Clear Drupal Caches "admin/config/development/performance" to see changes.

Regarding captcha,

Apigee Developer portal build comes with captcha related modules,

Step 1: Login as admin

Step 2: Navigate to "admin/modules"

1903-screen-shot-2016-02-08-at-123312-pm.png

Step 3: Enable captcha related modules, and configure captcha settings to enable captcha on registration form.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Dear @leena ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂 Apigee Developer portal is built on top of famous open source CMS Drupal. You can implement /change many features in developer portal without writing code using developer portal configurable screens. Little bit of drupal experience will help you to achieve same.

BTB, Username field is mandatory, you cannot remove same. If you don't want to show that in registration form, you can use contrib module like Automatic User Names.

Step 1 : Login as admin

Step 2 : Navaigate to ""admin/config/people/accounts/fields" to remove fields or add new fields.

Step 3 : Clear Drupal Caches "admin/config/development/performance" to see changes.

Regarding captcha,

Apigee Developer portal build comes with captcha related modules,

Step 1: Login as admin

Step 2: Navigate to "admin/modules"

1903-screen-shot-2016-02-08-at-123312-pm.png

Step 3: Enable captcha related modules, and configure captcha settings to enable captcha on registration form.

Yeah the problem is, I need to have 3 sections like personal, business and sign up and also have some custom css for that registration template. Can I try with custom theme?

Drupal has out of the box support for grouping fields, You can add a group field and drag other fields under it. Yes, You need to create a custom theme & custom css for any css modifications. It needs drupal custom development expertise. If you are a Drupal expert it will be cake walk, if not i would suggest to hire someone / get in touch with drupal expert.

Just one query, I have customized the template, since the existing form comes from "profiles\apigee\modules\contrib\bootstrap_modal_forms\bootstrap_modal_forms.module", will it have any influence with my newly created templates under theme folder?

@leena , You should not change any core files / template files, doing so will break updates to Apigee developer portal. Infact, you should not change any core drupal / apigee code. All custom changes should go into sites/all directory. Yes, If you create a new custom theme & enable same it will overwrite any core custom modifications. JUST FYI, http://www.webomelette.com/5-things-you-should-not-do-in-drupal

Thank u Anil