If I am orgadmin, and I know a consumer key, how can I find the app associated to it?

Suppose I have administrator rights on an Apigee Edge organization. I know a key, but I don't know the developer who owns the key, or the app, and so on. How can I determine the developer and the app?

Solved Solved
2 5 309
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I don't know a good way to do it, beyond brute search using the Edge Administrative API.

Here's a bash script that I wrote to help me.

and also a similar nodejs script.

Both tools work the same: scan all apps, and compare the consumerKey's for those apps to the needle you wish to find. The nodejs tool is a little faster because it's easier to handle json responses in nodejs, than in bash.

If anyone has a better idea, or other implementations (nodejs, powershell, python, etc), please post them here.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I don't know a good way to do it, beyond brute search using the Edge Administrative API.

Here's a bash script that I wrote to help me.

and also a similar nodejs script.

Both tools work the same: scan all apps, and compare the consumerKey's for those apps to the needle you wish to find. The nodejs tool is a little faster because it's easier to handle json responses in nodejs, than in bash.

If anyone has a better idea, or other implementations (nodejs, powershell, python, etc), please post them here.

Hi @Dino

You can use Edge UI, Publish->Apps input your key in the search box and corresponding app should appear in the results.

Really??! I did not know that! Thanks! so easy!

Yes, you can use Edge UI to find it!!

@Dino , See similar question asked here. Thank you for implementing a tool to do same. I am sure it will be useful for others.