Where in your developer portal do you specify the url / hostname of the proxy?

Not applicable

This question may seem basic given that I've been playing with Apigee for a while. Where in the developer portal do you specify the url / hostname of your api proxies? I know that in Apigee Edge you have three environments: dev, test and prod. The hostname is slightly different based on the environment.

How do you specify in the developer portal the url / hostname of your API proxy? Do you just use the smartdoc (swagger) url to specify the hostname of your proxy? How do you deal with an api proxy being deployed to multiple environments in Apigee edge? Do you create multiple versions of the smartdoc so that you can specify the multiple proxy hostnames?

Thanks, José

Solved Solved
0 2 827
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sarthak
Participant V

Hi @jose.cedeno

You configure the dev portal to talk to a specific org env at the time of setup. You can check the configuration here: {basePath}/admin/config/devconnect.

I don't see anyway to update this after the initial setup.

The next part of your question is a bit more confusing.Proxies are never exposed to Dev Portal. You expose API products to dev portal. Proxies should be internal to the API development team.

You can have different proxies deployed in different environments but typically only products/apis available in prod/sandbox are made available in the dev portal.All other environments like test/dev/qa/uat are part of your SDLC and you should not be exposing those on the dev portal.

If you are still confused, maybe this can help?: http://docs.apigee.com/developer-services/content/publishing-overview

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sarthak
Participant V

Hi @jose.cedeno

You configure the dev portal to talk to a specific org env at the time of setup. You can check the configuration here: {basePath}/admin/config/devconnect.

I don't see anyway to update this after the initial setup.

The next part of your question is a bit more confusing.Proxies are never exposed to Dev Portal. You expose API products to dev portal. Proxies should be internal to the API development team.

You can have different proxies deployed in different environments but typically only products/apis available in prod/sandbox are made available in the dev portal.All other environments like test/dev/qa/uat are part of your SDLC and you should not be exposing those on the dev portal.

If you are still confused, maybe this can help?: http://docs.apigee.com/developer-services/content/publishing-overview

@sarthak - Thank you that clarified things. I thought that the proxy environments were tied to the developer portal environments. In other words that if I deployed ProductA with ProxyA in the "dev" environment it would be usable by the "dev" developer portal environment.

After your clarification I can see that the Proxy environments are not tied to the developer portal environments. As you stated correctly the developer portal is not aware of the individual proxies, just the API products.