tracing / logging, how to see the full body of a request?

Not applicable

I'm currently working with API proxy in a "REST > SOAP > REST" situation.

It works in simple cases.

However, when there is complicated variable extractions, form a Rest Json payload to a Soap xml envelope, it doesn't always work.

What makes the situation even more difficult is that I struggle to debug it.

In the tracer tool, I would like to see my full request body in the different steps but that content is truncated.

How can I see the full body of a request in the tracer tool (or in any other tool I may not be aware of) for all the steps of a call? Thank you

Solved Solved
1 1 2,489
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

So, the problem was solved with the message logging policy, pushing message to loggly as follow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<MessageLogging async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Message-Logging-1">
    <DisplayName>Message Logging-1</DisplayName>
    <Syslog>
        <Message>[ YOUR_LOGGLY_CUSTOMER_TOKEN tag="{organization.name}.{apiproxy.name}.{environment.name}"] 2=> {response.content} ==  </Message>
        <Host>logs-01.loggly.com</Host>
        <Port>514</Port>
    </Syslog>
</MessageLogging>

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

So, the problem was solved with the message logging policy, pushing message to loggly as follow:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<MessageLogging async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="Message-Logging-1">
    <DisplayName>Message Logging-1</DisplayName>
    <Syslog>
        <Message>[ YOUR_LOGGLY_CUSTOMER_TOKEN tag="{organization.name}.{apiproxy.name}.{environment.name}"] 2=> {response.content} ==  </Message>
        <Host>logs-01.loggly.com</Host>
        <Port>514</Port>
    </Syslog>
</MessageLogging>