Triggering Org and env creation scripts from outside Apigee using a java based application .

Not applicable

I have a use case where i need to call org creation and environment creation script for an Apigee edge instance via external java application providing required parameters as expected by script .Could you please advise how to pass arguments from an external application to invoke org-create.sh and add-env.sh .

Moreover i would also like to know best practices around keeping track of port number as i would be running environment creation script multiple times for different environment for n number of organisations. .

0 8 154
8 REPLIES 8

Not applicable

Hi Arpit,

Welcome to Apigee Community, Unfortunately we don't allow any other users apart from sysadmin role to create an environment inside an organisation.

If free trial customer wants to have an other organisation then they can simply sign up with different email-id and for creation of environment in paid org customer need to raise a support portal ticket regarding the same.

Not applicable

Does Apigee edge provide any rest management API to create an environment for a given organisation.

Please refer to the following docs: http://docs.apigee.com/api/environments.But like @Madhumita Kumari mentioned, if you are a cloud customer you wouldn't have access to the POST /environments resource. It's a sysadmin protected resource.If you are a private cloud customer (OPDK), you can use your sysadmin credentials to make these calls.

@Arpit Sharma Can you please let me know if you are cloud or a private cloud member ?

Not applicable

Hi Madhumita ,we are on private Cloud ,please provide the api reference for creating environments

@Madhumita Kumari ,could you lease direct me to the API reference .

Not applicable

curl -u "${ADMIN_EMAIL}:${APW}" -X POST "http://localhost:8080/v1/organizations/opdktest/environments" -d "<Environment name=\"${ENV_NAME}\"/>" -H "Content-Type: application/xml"

I'd be cautious using the management API to create an environment. The script leveraged in the installation is add-env.sh. That script does make a rest call like the one above. However, it also does a lot more things required for a working environment. Among other things, it associates the RMPs to the environment and registers it for analytics.