request.queryParams bug

Not applicable

Do this in a JS Policy in any proxy:

print( undefined, typeof undefined );
print( request.queryParams.fake, typeof request.queryParams.fake, !!request.queryParams.fake );

Trace a call to the proxy without setting ?fake. The output is:

undefined undefined
undefined object true

The second line should be "undefined undefined false". I guess this is an error in the magic queryParams object.

I tried checking if a query param is set or not with

if ( !request.queryParams.id )

Which will not work, obviously. A workaround is

if ( 'id' in request.queryParams && request.queryParams.id !== '' )

(running on-premise 4.15.07.00)

Please, Apigee, fix your magic Java objects and use standard JS - I'm fearful of bugs in .asJSON and the likes now.

EDIT

Additionally,

request.queryParams.id.length

fails with

Execution of check failed with error: Javascript runtime error: "TypeError: Cannot find default value for object. (check_js#6). at line 6 "

even if ?id=1 is set.

2 6 814
6 REPLIES 6

adas

@Morris Brodersen To access the variables set by Apigee from within a javascript policy you need to use context.getVariable('myvariable').

Try changing your script to the below one and you should get the desired results:

print( context.getVariable("request.queryparams.fake"), typeof context.getVariable("request.queryparams.fake"), !!context.getVariable("request.queryparams.fake") );

Thanks, that might be a better workaround. However http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/reference/javascript-object-model clearly says "Note: You can also use the "shorthand" objectrequest to access these properties in a request flow. The request object refers to eithercontext.proxyRequest or context.targetRequest, depending on where in the flow your JavaScript code executes." so the above is still invalid/buggy behavior.

@Morris Brodersen - JS is case-sensitive.

Is it possible that you are using {{request.queryParams}} instead of the required {{request.queryparam}} ??

I think you want:

if ( !request.queryparam.id ) ...

Nope - not queryparamS

queryparam

request.queryparam.id

no s

no capital

Not applicable

@Floyd Jones see above re: docs.

@Floyd Jones - be careful. Maybe a EBCAK