what is the MAX cache size and what is the max value for cache life?

Not applicable

1)What is the MAX size of the cache? - I know it is backed by Cassandra ultimately - the values are blob - but is there a max size in the apigee code?

2)What is the max value for cache life? I saw that the value was potentially HUGE based on the datatype in the database - but im looking for the max as handled by the app (i cant assume its the same as in the DB)

Solved Solved
0 4 4,271
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jhans
Participant II

Hello Benjamin,

Below are the answers as per the code

1) # The total amount of memory that is usable for caching. The system will not

# allow the user to configure a cache if the size of all the existing caches # together exceeds this amount

totalCacheMemorySizeKB=200056

2) Cache life can be set to infinite.

Some additional information:

# The total amount of memory that is usable for on-disk caching. The system will # not allow the user to configure a cache with disk support if the size of all # the existing caches together exceeds this amount

#totalDiskSizeMB=100

env-cache.properties:maxElementsInMemory=1024

Regards,

Jagjyot

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jhans
Participant II

Hello Benjamin,

Below are the answers as per the code

1) # The total amount of memory that is usable for caching. The system will not

# allow the user to configure a cache if the size of all the existing caches # together exceeds this amount

totalCacheMemorySizeKB=200056

2) Cache life can be set to infinite.

Some additional information:

# The total amount of memory that is usable for on-disk caching. The system will # not allow the user to configure a cache with disk support if the size of all # the existing caches together exceeds this amount

#totalDiskSizeMB=100

env-cache.properties:maxElementsInMemory=1024

Regards,

Jagjyot

Hi There,

Will it remain same in case of multiple node ?Can we get more visibility from a on premise multi instance set up?

I have checked the following post as well . Just curious if "totalCacheMemorySizeKB=200056" will be on L1 cache ?

https://community.apigee.com/articles/1620/apigee-edge-caching-in-detail.html

Not applicable

How can we set cache life to infinity?

@Harshit Jain , Please post it as a new question.