How can I address a 503 Service Unavailable error

Not applicable

As our DevOps team is creating new target servers for me to use I have started getting intermittent 503 errors. They happen about half the time so I know that they can work. I am using a LoadBalancer statement like the following in my HTTPTargetConnection definition

<HTTPTargetConnection>

<Properties>

<Property name="response.streaming.enabled">true</Property>

</Properties>

<LoadBalancer> <Server name="TargServer"/> </LoadBalancer>

<Path>/API/Customers</Path>

</HTTPTargetConnection>

The TargServer looks like

{

"host": "targserver.xxxwebplatform.com",

"isEnabled": true, "name": "TargServer",

"port": 443,

"sSLInfo": {

"ciphers": [],

"clientAuthEnabled": false,

"enabled": true,

"ignoreValidationErrors": false,

"protocols": [ "TLSv1.2" ]

}

}

I get the following error about half the time when I make this request:

503 Service Unavailable

{

"fault": {

"faultstring": "The Service is temporarily unavailable",

"detail": {

"errorcode": "messaging.adaptors.http.flow.ServiceUnavailable"

}

}

}

I don't get the error at all on other servers.

I have checked the server certificate and it looks good. I am guessing that since it works part of the time that it is not a certificate error (I would expect that to fail every time).

0 3 2,763
3 REPLIES 3

@Larry Copp Are you using Apigee in the cloud or on-prem? Since you are getting the error half the time that is a very strong indication that might be half the MPs are having some issues. Typically for an Apigee deployment you have atleast 2 MPs behind a LB. If half the calls are failing it might be an issue with one of the MPs.

If you are using Apigee on-prem I would suggest take a look at the MP logs and see if you see any errors getting generated. Restarting the MP might work. And if that does not solve and you see some errors in MP log open a support ticket with the log files.

If you do not see any errors in logs and restart does not help then it we need to start debugging from scratch. Let me know what you find out.

Not applicable

@sarthak I am using Apigee in the cloud. How would I get information about the logs? Is there something that I need to do to make sure that the MPs get updated properly?

Thanks,

For cloud you don't have access to the logs. Please raise a support ticket through your support portal.