How can I terminate / close / stop / delete my Apigee Edge Trial and/or Apigee Community account

I have previously signed up for Apigee Edge Trial and/or Apigee Community and I now want to terminate my account and stop receiving notifications.

What do I need to do?

Solved Solved
0 9 1,814
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the case of an org created as part of Apigee Edge Trial, you do not need to do anything to terminate. Simply stop using the org and it will be automatically terminated once the trial period expires.

If you are currently receiving a daily org summary email, simply click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email to stop receiving it.

On a related note, if you still want to keep you Apigee Community account active but reduce or eliminate the email notifications, you can update your Community email subscription preferences:

1. Click on the your avatar in the top right hand side of Apigee Community
  2. Select "My Preferences"
  3. Select "Notifications" tab
  4. Customize to you liking (remember to click "Update Settings" at the bottom before leaving) or scroll down to the bottom of that screen and click "Disable my notifications".

However, if you want to completely terminate your Apigee Community account, please send an email requesting Apigee Community account termination to: community@apigee.com.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

In the case of an org created as part of Apigee Edge Trial, you do not need to do anything to terminate. Simply stop using the org and it will be automatically terminated once the trial period expires.

If you are currently receiving a daily org summary email, simply click the "unsubscribe" link at the bottom of the email to stop receiving it.

On a related note, if you still want to keep you Apigee Community account active but reduce or eliminate the email notifications, you can update your Community email subscription preferences:

1. Click on the your avatar in the top right hand side of Apigee Community
  2. Select "My Preferences"
  3. Select "Notifications" tab
  4. Customize to you liking (remember to click "Update Settings" at the bottom before leaving) or scroll down to the bottom of that screen and click "Disable my notifications".

However, if you want to completely terminate your Apigee Community account, please send an email requesting Apigee Community account termination to: community@apigee.com.

@Marc Schreuder how do you set that on the platform? setting some duration period for a user account? and having the platform automatically terminates/removes the user. Also, is there a callback facility to call other cleanup scripts?

Thanks for your help!

@mike yang when an org is created the date/time of creation is captured and from then we closely monitor trial org usage, identify active and inactive orgs based on API traffic volumes.

We engage with trial org owners to understand their use case and at the same time, because we have the trial org created date, we track remaining days until the trial expiration.

We have built a range of tools that we use to perform the actual provision and de-provision of all of our cloud accounts including trial orgs. These tools utilize our management API, making the API calls necessary to create, view and delete orgs along with a range of other org management. If you are interested, you can see the full management API documentation here.

You can use the same management API to obtain information and perform certain actions to your trial org but some of the API calls, for example the create and delete org ones, require elevated privileges.

@Marc Schreuder thanks for the explanation. I see there are many calls to delete and destroy certain things like company, apps, etc. So basically, I need to write a custom script to monitor and remove these trail apps. Correct?

I didn't notice in the docs, but to be sure, there isn't a property for these objects like setting a default expiration that self-removes itself. Correct?

Also, I'm assuming you run your scripts everyday to keep track of various people's time spent on the trial. Correct?

@mike yang you certainly can do that but you don't have to - when an Apigee admin deletes the org, that automatically deletes everything associated with the org. And here is sometimes even more frequent than daily analysis/monitoring.

The only exception is users (note not developers, but specifically only organization users. Developers would be deleted along with all the other org specific entities by the org delete). Users are independent of the org because there are many use cases where one user has access to more than one org. As an orgadmin, you will be able to delete any users you add to your org but you won't be able to delete your own user, that is done by Apigee admins.

There isn't an expiration property on anything other than access tokens.

@Marc Schreuder when you say 'trial orgs'? is that a different category/properties? or all orgs the same? I believe all orgs are the same. Correct?

@mike yang could you post the above as a new question - this is a good question but it's separate from the topic of terminating trial orgs. That way other folks who might have the same question in future will be able to find it.

Hi, @mschreuder 

I wanted to cancel the APIGEE Eval so that it won't incur charges (VM, Load balancer, etc.). How do I configure this?

Thank you.

The Apigee evaluation doesn't incur charges. It's free and time-limited.

If you are using Apigee pay-as-you-go, then you need to teardown the Apigee organization, and the environment attachments to it. Follow this guide. That will take care of the Apigee-specific things. As for your VPC, load balancers, other things you might have configured that are adjacent to Apigee but not part of Apigee - you will have to determine what those are, and disable them if appropriate for you.

Also: In general, don't ask new questions on threads that are seven years old.