Why do we need to supply revision number while undeploying proxy in Management API?

I believe always one version of API proxy is deployed in a particular environment. In that case, why do i need to send a revision number in Management API? Can Apigee find out automatically & undeploy same? Just like in Management UI where I can just undeploy revision without mentioning revision number?

Any idea why do i need to explicitly mention revision number in undeploy API Proxy management API ?

Solved Solved
0 1 192
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Multiple revisions of same API Proxy can be deployed in same environment if proxy base path is different. If that’s the case then we need to supply the revision number while undeploying API Proxy. That’s the reason proxy revision number is required while undeploying API Proxy. For more details please refer discussion here.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Multiple revisions of same API Proxy can be deployed in same environment if proxy base path is different. If that’s the case then we need to supply the revision number while undeploying API Proxy. That’s the reason proxy revision number is required while undeploying API Proxy. For more details please refer discussion here.