Can Apigee Edge support multiple quota setup in Product level, like per hour, per day, and start/end dates?

Not applicable

Solved Solved
0 4 223
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Andy.Zhong Yes.

In API Products define multiple custom attributes each defining your quota for per hour or day or whatever is applicable.

Attach multiple Rate Limit policies conditionally. Each policy will enforce a different type of limit like one can be for per hour another for per day etc.

The individual rate limiting policies will reference the variables set in custom attributes of the products.

And each policy will be attached based on a condition which will be something like:

<Condition>(products.customVariables.PerDayVariable is null) and (products.customVariables.PerWeekVariable is NOT null)</Condition> then execute the per week rate limit policy.

Let me know if this makes sense? Else I will try to post a working example later in the day.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@Andy.Zhong Yes.

In API Products define multiple custom attributes each defining your quota for per hour or day or whatever is applicable.

Attach multiple Rate Limit policies conditionally. Each policy will enforce a different type of limit like one can be for per hour another for per day etc.

The individual rate limiting policies will reference the variables set in custom attributes of the products.

And each policy will be attached based on a condition which will be something like:

<Condition>(products.customVariables.PerDayVariable is null) and (products.customVariables.PerWeekVariable is NOT null)</Condition> then execute the per week rate limit policy.

Let me know if this makes sense? Else I will try to post a working example later in the day.

Sarthak, thank you for the quick reply. Please post a working example if possible. Thanks in advance!

Dear @Andy.Zhong , Welcome to Apigee community 🙂