Preferred Pattern for Micro Gateways with unique plugin and sequences on conditional resource paths.

kkleva

I'm wondering what the best approach would be to build out micro gateways with different collections of 'plugins' and and various sequences based conditionally on resource path.

For example, say I want to use OAuth for my package tracking API and just API keys for products?

Most simply it seems that we would deploy a single micro gateway per base API resource path (e.g. /v1/products) . So if I needed custom orchestration of different request/response flows, they would be isolated on their own horizontally scaled instance.

Then conditional switch logic for proxy path suffix within the plugins for that base path.

2 1 208
1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

@Kristopher Kleva I think our direction is to write plug-ins that are configured with path-specific options. We will almost certainly use OAS (formerly known as Swagger) as the format for expressing path-specific configuration options. If I were writing a new plugin today that needed path-specific configuration options, I would go in that direction. If your plugin supports path-specific options, it may not be necessary to have a microgateway instance per base resource path. I hope we will soon create examples of plugins that work this way that people can copy. In the meantime, you can be a pioneer and share with others.