How did two revisions get deployed in one environment?

Not applicable

We've been using Apigee's APIs to deploy our proxies and have been running into issues where two revisions are deployed on the same org/environment. Does anyone have an idea of what's going on? This is a sample request to deploy:

https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/organizations/my-org/environments/test/apis/my-proxy/revisions/...

1790-screen-shot-2016-01-12-at-41640-pm.png

1 15 670
15 REPLIES 15

@Nguyen_Nguyen Two revisions did not get deployed to the same environment.

I see two deployments in two different environments test and prod. Those are of revisions 35 and 36.

In the prod environment you see another revision which has a red triangle icon next to it. That icon signifies that the particular revision was not successfully deployed for some reason. So revision 37 remains in an error state. Thats why revision 35 was not undeployed from the test environment.

Hope that makes sense?

There were other cases where I saw no status markers at all for a particular revision. In these cases, there were issues with making requests to those proxies ( I could try to reproduce ), we would have to manually undeploy and re-deploy the environment in the UI. Are there ways to avoid this issue?

@Nguyen_Nguyen We had a few deployment related issues in the past, some of it have already been fixed in the current cloud release and we are in the process of identifying and fixing the remaining ones. If you are on enterprise.apigee.com you should no longer see these errors, if you see them going forward please mention the org and proxy name so that we can take a look at it.

If you are a private cloud customer, you may not have all the deployment related fixes depending on which version of private cloud you are on. In that case, can you specify which version of OPDK you are running.

Thanks @arghya das, this was in the free organization that we develop on. We do have an enterprise Apigee edge organization, and if that is the case then we'll just keep an eye on the issue when we deploy to the enterprise organization.

As a side note, Edge *does* allow deploying multiple revisions of a proxy to the same environment as long as they have a different BasePath. This supports API versioning, where you have something like a /v1, /v3, and /v3 of an API that you want to keep active. That's covered in the docs here: http://docs.apigee.com/api-services/content/deploying-proxies-ui#deployingmultipleversionsofanapipro...

Thanks good to know, Thanks.

Not applicable

1826-screen-shot-2016-01-22-at-33901-pm.png

Here's one with 2 active status for an environment.. But again this is currently using a free organization, Version 150930.01

Do the two revisions have different base paths? If they have then it will happen as Floyd has pointed out.

They have the same base path.

Do you mind sharing the config? from both the revisions? The two proxies or just the proxy.xml config?

Not at all.

1828-screen-shot-2016-01-22-at-35342-pm.png

1830-screen-shot-2016-01-22-at-35356-pm.png

Edit:

Attached the proxy configs.

revision35.txt

revision42.txt

@sarthak

( There is no option to reply ... )

So far looks ok. In Trace do you see both the revisions? Can you check to which revision the traffic is flowing to? Also what happens if you undeploy and redeploy?

Traffic is going through the later revision 42, and as far as undeploy and redeployment, the behavior returns to normal from previous encounters I've had with this issue.

So far looks ok. In Trace do you see both the revisions? Can you check to which revision the traffic is flowing to? Also what happens if you undeploy and redeploy?

I am not sure what might be going wrong. If you see this happening to your paid org then open a support ticket immediately.

@arghya das @Alan Ho See above. Happening on free org.