What tools were used to create Apigee documentation (docs.apigee.com) that can be leveraged to create similar documentation in a Developer Portal?

Not applicable

Hello @Floyd Jones!

Is there a guide or other documentation that outlines the tools and techniques used to craft Apigee's docs.apigee.com documentation? Drupal modules that we can incorporate into our Developer Portal and such?

Background:

I am helping build the documentation portion of a large Developer Portal deployment for my company's API. We want to include robust conceptual API documentation alongside SmartDocs reference content in a manner similar to the way docs.apigee.com hosts and delivers conceptual content alongside the SmartDocs reference material.

0 5 263
5 REPLIES 5

@Daniel Chad Brotherton ,

Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂 Do you mean left sidebar navigation in specific? Apigee developer portal out of the box supports smartdocs. Are you looking for anything specific that you would like to implement ?

Dear @Daniel Chad Brotherton,

Just on a quick research, here is what I have found,

• Left Side Bar - Menu Navigation
  • API Document Pages
    • Implemented using Node Book Type
    • Using core Drupal Book module
    • Different Content Types, For Example, Policies are rendered using Different Content Type
  • SmartDoc Pages
    • Implemented using Apigee SmartDocs Module.
    • Overview Pages - Panels module

Custom CSS, Javascript. You can implement same in your developer portal with Drupal Expertise.

So the API conceptual document pages themselves are not implemented with SmartDocs but are Drupal Book module nodes. I am new to Drupal so this is very helpful to me. Thank you Anil!

Yes, Most of the docs pages are implemented using book content type & custom content types, smartdocs feature.

For Example, See screenshot of page source html which says node-type-book for a doc page.

1747-screen-shot-2016-01-07-at-95911-pm.png

Hi Anil,

As a restriction from customer side, as there is no internet connection, could we have an offline version of the apigee docs ?