How the support structure differs for a127 vs Edge Micro Gateway.

Not applicable

This is a question from an Apigee partner -

Karan Vij (karan.kumar.vij@accenture.com) has sent you question/comment regarding Apigee Digital Partner Portal.

Hi, Wanted to explore how the support structure differ for a127 vs Edge Micro Gateway. Regards, Karan Vij

0 5 508
5 REPLIES 5

a127 is an open source software and is supported in the open source model. i.e. you can raise tickets in the github project/have a pull request and fix something. There are no official SLAs associated with it.

Microgateway on the other hand is an enterprise product and hence is supported the same way as Edge. I.e. you can create support ticket/feature request/bug reports using the apigee support portal.

So does it mean that enterprise who purchases licenses for Edge and want to run a127 closer to backend where necessary, has to either implement micro gateway or get community support despite having Edge licenses?

a127 is an open source project and do not have anything to do with Edge license. In other words support for a127 is same in either case of you having an Edge license or not. It is supported by community.

a127 is a standalone product and do not have any dependency on Edge.

Micro Gateway on the other hands is an enterprise supported product. And it is dependent on Edge to run. So what you use will be dependent on your use case. Typically I would say if you have Edge license use Microgateway.

Agree with everything @sarthak said except Microgateway is not based on a127. They are completely different projects with different goals. Both are implemented in node.js and that's where similarity ends. There could be other common bits but one should not rely on that.

Thanks @prabhat for your clarification. I have one more remaining question, micro edge support comes bundled with enterprise license for on premise or there is difference in how micro gateway support works.