Can we write core business logic with Apigee if yes where?Also is it more secure with respect to any banking applications to write business logic in Apigee

Not applicable
Solved Solved
0 2 1,617
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anirban you can write core business logic with Apigee.

To do that you would need to use either/or Java (Java policy ref), JavaScript, Python and Node along with Apigee Edge API BaaS for data persistence and other typical back-end features.

There would be performance considerations that would depend on how complex the business logic was.

Apigee Edge is available with a compliance add on that enables PCI and HIPAA compliance.

From the security standpoint, the request/response processing within Apigee is secured with SSL/TLS. Any persistent data could be made secure but would require you to do that as a custom implementation of data encryption, also in one of the above languages. That would come with additional performance considerations depending on encryption strength.

Best thing would be to get in touch with Apigee Sales who would be able to discuss your question in more detail and help determine the most suitable approach.

If I have answered your question, please click the Accept link - that will also help anyone in future looking for a similar answer, or let me know how I can help further with your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @Anirban you can write core business logic with Apigee.

To do that you would need to use either/or Java (Java policy ref), JavaScript, Python and Node along with Apigee Edge API BaaS for data persistence and other typical back-end features.

There would be performance considerations that would depend on how complex the business logic was.

Apigee Edge is available with a compliance add on that enables PCI and HIPAA compliance.

From the security standpoint, the request/response processing within Apigee is secured with SSL/TLS. Any persistent data could be made secure but would require you to do that as a custom implementation of data encryption, also in one of the above languages. That would come with additional performance considerations depending on encryption strength.

Best thing would be to get in touch with Apigee Sales who would be able to discuss your question in more detail and help determine the most suitable approach.

If I have answered your question, please click the Accept link - that will also help anyone in future looking for a similar answer, or let me know how I can help further with your question.

Dear @Anirban , Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂