Apigee Edge documentation: Is there documentation showing what Developer, Proxy, Organization ... objects look like?

Not applicable

Hi. I am writing a Java SDK for Apigee Edge and the only way I have so far about finding what Apigee Edge objects (ex: Developer, Proxy, Organization...) look like is by trial and error (from Apigee Sandbox).

Even simplier question: is the an Edge API documentation for every API? What are inputs and what are outputs + return codes? (sounds very simple, but I can't find one except from Smart Docs which don't tell you anything about objects or return types_

Is there any documentation which

0 3 356
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Jim Duhovny,

If I understand your question, the only systematic/complete documentation for the Edge Management APIs available in Edge Cloud and their inputs is SmartDocs. If you create an entity, like a Product, then Smartdocs gives you the JSON skeleton to fill in as input for that entity for the POST request.

If you want to see the entire JSON representation of an existing entity, like a Product, you could do a GET in the API to return the JSON representation.

You can also try checking out the schema reference in the public GitHub repo. It includes raw schema XSD files for a variety of entities -- that might be helpful.

Please let me know if I've misconstrued your question, and/or if we can find a way to improve the documentation to help you out.

Will

@wwitman, Can you confirm if those schema references are correct? here is the thread where I asked for the same https://community.apigee.com/questions/4538/where-can-i-find-the-latest-schema-for-policies-an.html few days back.

@Maruti Chand - Those schemas *should* be the latest. If you find something missing or incorrect, please let me know and I'll update them. Thanks!