ResponseCache Policy Not Working As Expected

Not applicable

Hi, I have a 'ResponseCache' with following configs. I cannot get TimeOfDay to be honored.

We have on-prem deployment, and have 2 data centers, Mountain Std. Time and EST. I tried using MST and EST and both do not work, when the TimeOfDay is reached, the cache does not expire. I do not want to use TimeoutInSec as the expiration would be unpredictable (would be x number of second from population and we need the cache to be evicted at certain time of the day). Our deployment is Active/Active, thus the proxy would be deployed to both data center - but currently, I am deploying proxy from MST.

<CacheKey>
     <Prefix/>
     <KeyFragment ref="myKey" type="string"/>
  </CacheKey>
  <Scope>Exclusive</Scope>
  <ExpirySettings>
     <ExpiryDate/>
     <TimeOfDay>20:18:00</TimeOfDay>
     <!-- <TimeoutInSec ref="">86400</TimeoutInSec> -->
  </ExpirySettings>
<br>

According to the ResponseCache reference, "When present, <TimeoutInSec> overrides both <TimeOfDay> and <ExpiryDate>". I read this as if TimeOutInSec exists, the TimeOfDay will not be honored, therefore, I commented it out, but still cache never expired.

2 2 443
2 REPLIES 2

Former Community Member
Not applicable

Not applicable

@Ayman K. Whether its TimeoutInSec/ExpiryDate or TimeOfDay, at the end the policy converts that into seconds (internally).

you can see the same in debug logs. If its private cloud can you turn debug logs and see what it prints?

You should see something like this

Populating cache entry with key : {} in cache : {} for ttl in seconds

If it is cloud, pls request support team for the same. That might give you/us more clue on whats happening.