Does Apigee Allow ResourceFiles from Org/Env Level to be Used Directly in a Step?

Not applicable

Hi - trying to find out if Apigee supports calling a JSC ResourceFile as a direct step in a flow. Currently, I have several Env. level resourcefiles and the way I use them, I add a Javascript policy and add in the XML a ResourceURL tag and reference the env. resourcefile, and then I use the policy inside of flow, making the JS policy appear as not needed since all i am doing is referencing something external before I can use in proxy endpoints flow

Solved Solved
0 3 163
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes. Apigee supports calling a JavaScript resource file directly in a flow. You just include that under the <ResourceURL> tag.

Eg.

<Javascript name='PathSetterPolicy' timeLimit='200'>
    <ResourceURL>jsc://pathSetter.js</ResourceURL>
</Javascript>

More details on this page. If you are thinking of reusing a file across environments, upload the file with Org scope. Again instructions are available in this above doc link.

Thanks, Sudhee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Yes. Apigee supports calling a JavaScript resource file directly in a flow. You just include that under the <ResourceURL> tag.

Eg.

<Javascript name='PathSetterPolicy' timeLimit='200'>
    <ResourceURL>jsc://pathSetter.js</ResourceURL>
</Javascript>

More details on this page. If you are thinking of reusing a file across environments, upload the file with Org scope. Again instructions are available in this above doc link.

Thanks, Sudhee

thx for response, but I am trying to find out if i can skip the policy completely since all it's doing is importing the pathSetter.js and then using this policy in a flow, I want to go directly to a flow and avoid to build an XML that all it has is an ResourceURL to import a JS.

No, without attaching a policy, a flow can't execute any external JavaScript.