HTTPS Streaming API using APIGEE

Not applicable

How can we use HTTP streaming with apigee, i followed the posted threads but was unable to make it work, the only difference in my API Bundle for a HTTP request vs HTTPS streaming request, is the use of property <Property name="response.streaming.enabled">true</Property> in the targets/default.xml for a host, but the request gives a timeout error, is HTTPS streaming API proxy in apigee allowed for free trial account ?

Thanks for your time.

Solved Solved
0 5 866
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Hi @Sumanau Sareen

Streaming through HTTPS is possible in free account .I just created a proxy in my org and enabled streaming. Its working as expected

View solution in original post

Not applicable

Hello @Abhishek Subramanya I got it working now, the only issue i am having is:

if the connection is idle for 60 seconds then it gets timed out. Due to the property keepalive.timeout.millis, this has a default value of 60000 milliseconds, is there a way to increase this value, if i reduce this to 10000 then the connection gets timed out after 10secs(idle) as expected but if i increase this to a value greater then 60000 then also it gets timed out after default 60 seconds value. I want the connection to remain open even if it's idle.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

@Sumanau Sareen, Are you trying the request streaming or response streaming?

I am not sure if streaming is allowed for free accounts but either way can you attach the trace session?

Hi @Sumanau Sareen

Streaming through HTTPS is possible in free account .I just created a proxy in my org and enabled streaming. Its working as expected

Not applicable

Hello @Abhishek Subramanya I got it working now, the only issue i am having is:

if the connection is idle for 60 seconds then it gets timed out. Due to the property keepalive.timeout.millis, this has a default value of 60000 milliseconds, is there a way to increase this value, if i reduce this to 10000 then the connection gets timed out after 10secs(idle) as expected but if i increase this to a value greater then 60000 then also it gets timed out after default 60 seconds value. I want the connection to remain open even if it's idle.

Hi @Sumanau Sareen,

Very interesting. I am not able to reproduce the timeout. Have to configured any other timeout setting? Here is my HTTP Connection setting -

<HTTPTargetConnection>
        <URL>https://abhinnov-test.apigee.net/largepayloadbackend</URL>
        <Properties>
            <Property name="keepalive.timeout.millis">1000</Property>
            <Property name="response.streaming.enabled">true</Property>
            <Property name="request.streaming.enabled">true</Property>
        </Properties>
    </HTTPTargetConnection>

@Abhishek Subramanya please make sure no data is streamed, currently url https://abhinnov-test.apigee.net/largepayloadbackend is streaming data constantly, the properties are correct.