Is it possible to widen the analytics-proxy performance window by more than just 15 days?

Not applicable

Even with the custom option, we can select a window of only fifteen days. Is there a way to pull the analytics for more than fifteen days? Will there be a performance concern if users are allowed to pull the report for more than fifteen days? @jayashreeNagarajan

Solved Solved
0 4 439
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Swapnil that is a feature which has been added to improve the overall experience and performance of analytics. You cannot extend that time window beyond 15 days today. But you will still be able to get all the data for last 1/3/6 etc. months, you just have to execute the query and refresh the view multiple times to view each 15 day window.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @Swapnil that is a feature which has been added to improve the overall experience and performance of analytics. You cannot extend that time window beyond 15 days today. But you will still be able to get all the data for last 1/3/6 etc. months, you just have to execute the query and refresh the view multiple times to view each 15 day window.

Thanks Sarthak. I have had provided customer the link to this forum. I hope they find it useful. Thanks again.

Interesting thing is my team has cracked this through custom reports and it will allow you to select more than 15 days. We use OPDK 4.15.04, I am not sure it works for cloud or newer versions. Please follow the below steps to see data for more than 15 days.

1) Create a custom report you would like to see

http://docs.apigee.com/analytics-services/content/create-custom-reports

2) Go to Analytics > Reports > Your Report and click edit(top right corner under Environment)

3) Once you click you can see the Xpath "Dashboards/Custom Reports/ Your Report /Edit" on top left corner. Click on "Your Report"

4) Click on Date range and enter the values you wanted to see, remember the bigger the range the more data is trying to get loaded, this can crash your browser so select diligently. Once you enter the values click anywhere outside. You can see the the data is populating, if not loading do a refresh.

Now to be frank I dont want apigee to close this workaround path, rather to provide a robust solution to view analytics, because one of apigee's main popular feature is its analytics and 15 days is too shorter period for viewing historical data.

Regards,

Remeesh

This sounds interesting. I will try this out. Thanks @Remeesh