KeyValueMap Operations - GET not working

Not applicable

I am not able to retrieve a value from Key value map through the get operation. I know I am doing something silly. Please help.

Here are the steps I have taken:

1. Setup the KeyValue map with the enterprise APIs:

POST: https://api.enterprise.apigee.com/v1/o/myorg/keyvaluemaps

{
    "name": "basic-credentials",
    "entry": [
        {
            "name":"username",
            "value": "user-TJFZ84"
        },{
            "name":"password",
            "value": "password5f947b2"
        }
    ]
}

2. Using the keyvaluemapoperation to retrieve the value:

<KeyValueMapOperations async="false" continueOnError="false" enabled="true" name="kvm_get_boomi_credentials" mapIdentifier="basic-credentials">
    <DisplayName>kvm_get_boomi_credentials</DisplayName>
    <ExpiryTimeInSecs>-1</ExpiryTimeInSecs>
    <Get assignTo="apiUsername" index="1">
        <Key>
            <Parameter>username</Parameter>
        </Key>
    </Get>
    <Get assignTo="apiPassword" index="1">
        <Key>
            <Parameter>password</Parameter>
        </Key>
    </Get>
    <Scope>environment</Scope>
</KeyValueMapOperations>

Step #2 above is not working. When I make a call to this API, and trace it, step 2 is successful, but the "apiUsername" and "apiPassword" fields appear blank.

Also, in the next step (basic authentication policy), when I am trying to use "apiUsername" or "apiPassword", it throws an error:

{"fault":{"detail":{"errorcode":"steps.basicauthentication.UnresolvedVariable"},"faultstring":"Unresolved variable : apiUsername"}}

Please help.

0 2 885
2 REPLIES 2

Not applicable

I realized that the KeyValueMapOperations is not able to get access to the map "basic-credentials". It does not fail, but simply sets the values of the variables to null.

The question now is why isn't KeyValueMapOperations not able to access the kvm I am setting through the enterprise API call in step #1? Am I missing out on anything.

Regards,

Ritwik

Not applicable

Hi @Ritwik, In step 1, you have created the key value map in organization scope. Hence, in step 2 while retrieving it, it is necessary to set scope to organization i.e. <Scope>organization</Scope>