Network layout of Apigee component.

Not applicable

We are trying to figure out the network layout what we need to follow for APIGee components installation. From my understanding, Router + Edge UI + Management Server would be the 4 components where we need UI access!! Among them Router would be the only one where external users need access. Correct me If I am wrong. But per our design, both Router and Message Processor resides on same server. So do you guys have any recommendation to place the Router and MP is DMZ instead of trusted VLAN. Also when we did POC with APIGee, we opened the BaaS portal also. So can you guys confirm whether we can use Management Server for the same purpose or is it different?

0 1 705
1 REPLY 1

Hi @maitheli98. How are you getting on with your private cloud deployment of Apigee Edge?

We are trying to figure out the network layout what we need to follow for APIGee components installation.

You should have a look in the documentation - there are lots of sample deployment layouts from AIO (All In One) for development purposes to large scale, multi node setups.

From my understanding, Router + Edge UI + Management Server would be the 4 components where we need UI access!!

The only component that provides a UI for Edge is the Edge UI Server which is exposed on port 9000 as default.

Among them Router would be the only one where external users need access.

Correct

Correct me If I am wrong. But per our design, both Router and Message Processor resides on same server.

This is the most typical configuration for these components.

So do you guys have any recommendation to place the Router and MP is DMZ instead of trusted VLAN.

This is possible if you believe that it will provide some security advantages - this decision is often driven by corporate architecture principles. The documentation provides a detailed view on the ports which you would have to open between the DMZ and the trusted VLAN for this to function as expected.

Also when we did POC with APIGee, we opened the BaaS portal also. So can you guys confirm whether we can use Management Server for the same purpose or is it different?

BaaS utilises a different portal than the Edge UI.