Recover deleted API proxy

Is there a way to recover an API proxy that is deleted from the org? my team deleted the API proxy accidentally and we dont have a backup of the export.

Solved Solved
0 7 1,139
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Nagashree B If an apiproxy has been deleted from the UI or through an API call, there is no way to retrieve it. It gets deleted from cassandra(database) as well.

However, if you are on prem and have been taking regular backups of your cassandra, then you might be able to retrieve it from an old cassandra backup.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

HI @Nagashree B,

An API proxy deleted from UI has no way of recovering it back. However,if you have an access to cassandra (You will if you are working on a on-prem customer). If it is on cloud, please work with Apigee-support, to recover an API proxy.

Thanks

Bharath

@Nagashree B have you been able recover your API proxy?

Not applicable

STRONGLY recommend file system based development backed by an source code management system.

@Nagashree B If an apiproxy has been deleted from the UI or through an API call, there is no way to retrieve it. It gets deleted from cassandra(database) as well.

However, if you are on prem and have been taking regular backups of your cassandra, then you might be able to retrieve it from an old cassandra backup.

Nope, couldnt recover back as I was on Apigee freeorg. I had a backup with few hours lag, which i imported and repeated a few changes

Not applicable

is it possible on the free version to get backup of your data?

Yes absolutely. You can do it yourself using the management APIs. For eg. this describes the method to download a proxy via management API call.

You can also use tools like this using which you can take a full backup of your org.