Searching a variable in API proxy bundle

I saw an API Proxy with many policies and variables.I have to look into each and every policy in the proxy to find out a variable's presence.

I wondered if there is a way to search for a particular variable for its location in a policy,route of that policy inside a proxy.

I could see there is a search option to find out a API Proxy in the list.But is there a way to find out a variable's presence in an API proxy?

Solved Solved
1 4 185
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Great Question @Subbu R ,

Same question came up a week back internally in Apigee Engineering Team. As of today, this feature is missing from Edge UI.

There is a workaround for same, You can download API proxies as a bundle & then do a file search on same will give you a better overview.

If you are interested, You can build a command line tool using our Edge APIs to auto download proxies, extract & search. It will be challenging & interesting solution. We will keep you posted if any updates regarding feature in Apigee Edge itself. But, for now you need to try above workaround.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Great Question @Subbu R ,

Same question came up a week back internally in Apigee Engineering Team. As of today, this feature is missing from Edge UI.

There is a workaround for same, You can download API proxies as a bundle & then do a file search on same will give you a better overview.

If you are interested, You can build a command line tool using our Edge APIs to auto download proxies, extract & search. It will be challenging & interesting solution. We will keep you posted if any updates regarding feature in Apigee Edge itself. But, for now you need to try above workaround.

Thanks @Anil Sagar for your prompt response 🙂

@Anil Sagar Also do you suggest any better way to compare 2 API Proxy bundles?

Regards,

Remeesh

I think best way today would be similar. Download the bundles, extract, and then use the `diff` command to compare the directories.