How do I make an API joining a Web Service and an API?

Not applicable

Hello, I would like to know if it is possible to make an API joining a Web Service and an API? I have read the documentation but I can not find if this is possible.

I also would like to know if the only way to make and API joining a Data Store and an API is through a Node.js app?

Thanks in advance!

Solved Solved
0 4 203
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sarthak
Participant V

Hi @Juan Andres La Cruz

By Web Service do you mean a SOAP service and by API do you mean a Rest service?

Do you want to do a mashup of these two?

Assuming all of the above are Yes, this is what you can do:

Convert the SOAP service to Rest. You will see lots of discussions around this topic here.

Once the conversion is done you need to do a mashup. You will find instructions on doing mashup here.

Let us know if you were looking for something different.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

sarthak
Participant V

Hi @Juan Andres La Cruz

By Web Service do you mean a SOAP service and by API do you mean a Rest service?

Do you want to do a mashup of these two?

Assuming all of the above are Yes, this is what you can do:

Convert the SOAP service to Rest. You will see lots of discussions around this topic here.

Once the conversion is done you need to do a mashup. You will find instructions on doing mashup here.

Let us know if you were looking for something different.

Yes, what you assume is correct, I have found this topic here that it was useful too, thanks!.

What do you think about joining an API and a Data Store, the only way is through a Node.js app?

I have found this and I'm thinking of making an API Proxy using a Node.js app which does CRUD operation, and then I'll make the mashup of the APIs.

Thanks in advance!

I wouldn't say the only way, rather the most flexible way. You can do via java,javascript,python etc. as well as by a combination of different policies like service callout and assign message and extract variables etc.

What I meant was if apigee provides me with tools to do that automatically. But ok, I will do it that way. Thanks for your answer @sarthak