Swagger 2.0 Spec for Apigee Edge Management API

Hello Apigeeks,

Do we have swagger 2.0 spec for Apigee Managment API. Apigee Docs is built on top of smartdocs, that means we should have either Wadl or Swagger 2.0 Spec.

If we have swagger 2.0 spec, can we open source same so that it can be used to generate SDKs & more ?

2 10 1,357
10 REPLIES 10

Hey Anil - Unfortunately, we don't have a Swagger spec for the management API. As the first user of SmartDocs, we hand-built the API reference using the SmartDocs API and Drupal UI. At this point, the only way to export them is to SmartDocs JSON.

As with other SmartDocs users out there, we'll need to wait for any functionality that lets us export to Swagger.

Got it, Thank you @Floyd Jones for quick update..

I think you should start, would help us all.

@Thomas Lippuner , I am actively working on same. I will keep you posted. Stay tuned for updates.

@Thomas Lippuner , Welcome to Apigee Community 🙂

@docs team, Anyone interested to generate same using api2swagger tool? I am sure it will be helpful to auto generate many client SDKs for Apigee Management API once we have same.

@Anil Sagar, we're only able to export the management API SmartDocs as SmartDocs JSON. Will api2swagger handle that okay?

@Floyd Jones , Idea is to generate Swagger 2.0 spec from api2swagger tool. More details can be found in this article.

@Anil Sagar, @docs team is there any update on this topic?

Is there an open api or Swagger 2.0 spec for Apigee management Apis?

@Rajendra Biswal , We don't have any. But, It can be quickly generated using tools like http://specgen.apistudio.io/ or api2swagger