Do we have any initiatives for installing and configurating APIGEE using automation like Chef or Puppet

Not applicable

Hello All,

I was wondering if anybody has done anything on the automating APIGEE installtion using Chef or puppet.

If anybody has any suggestions or some idea aournd it then please share.

1 7 499
7 REPLIES 7

Not applicable

@Satyajit Roy Choudhury: I have created a puppet module for a fresh deployment of Apigee Edge. At this point, it does a few strange things required to make it work within my company's rather challenging network. My intent is to clean it up a bit and make it available on github.

@Jason Harrington .. That will be awesome. Looking forward to that.

@Jason Harrington

that will be very nice...

Not applicable

I have created github repository with an extremely rough cut of a basic deployment module:

https://github.com/FlyingJ/puppet-apigee

Obviously, this needs to be fleshed out quite a bit; however, it's a start and something very similar has been tested to work with 4.14.04.00 and 4.15.07.00.

It doesn't do upgrades...yet.

Awesome @Jason Harrington , Thank you for sharing with Apigee Community, I am sure it will be helpful for many others... Way to go..

I may get a chance to put this through the ringer. maybe add somemulti datacenter stuff.

stay tuned.

Very good, @Benjamin Goldman

I am hoping that people test and give feedback.

My current plan is to make it Forge-ready. Needs a lot of work to get there. At this point, you multi-datacenter by how you define server lists in node definitions. Another set of improvements to make. Just wanted to get something out there, so the idea did not lose momentum.