Data Masking Request/Response Content during proxy trace on Apigee Layer

Not applicable

A SB for a proxy is returning a string, as opposed to an XML or JSON response. This string may include confidential data, which we would like to mask.

Attempting to set up a DataMaskConfiguration like this:

<MaskDataConfiguration name="default">
  <Variables>
    <Variable>response.content</Variable>
  </Variables>
</MaskDataConfiguration>

This successfully masks the variable response.content in the Variables section of any policies using it during the trace. However, I continue to see the string in the Response Content > Body section of the trace.

Because the response is a string, as opposed to XML or JSON path, I am unable to parse it using either of those components of the mask data config.

Does anyone know of the variables that I can set int he MaskDataConfiguration to mask the data being presented in the Request and Response Content sections when viewing a policy in the trace? Or, is there another method of doing so outside the scope of MaskDataConfiguration?

Solved Solved
2 1 1,291
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Not applicable

There currently is no easy way to do this. You could try masking the variables 'request.content', 'message.content', 'response.content' to see if that works.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Not applicable

There currently is no easy way to do this. You could try masking the variables 'request.content', 'message.content', 'response.content' to see if that works.