Deleting Analytics Data

Not applicable

Hi,

I need to delete all the analytics data pertaining to a particular org, is there any api available which i call directly to delete all that data?

I tried looking for different Cassandra tables, but i couldn't conclude as to which table contains only analytics related data.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sadiq.

0 5 917
5 REPLIES 5

@Sadiq Hussain , Analytics data is stored in Postgres.

Thank you Anil, i have been looking at the wrong place then.

In Postgres, if i had to delete the analytics for a particular org, could you suggest me the proceudre? or if you can point out the particular script.

Regards,

Sadiq.

You can run /apigee installation/bin/psql.sh script on the primary postgress server, and then delete the row(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/static/sql-delete.html)

Sample table name will be analytics."org-name.environment-name.fact" , time normally in UTC (format sample - 2015-06-19 23:16:00)

Thank for your answer Remeesh.

One more question, i see lot of tables in the analytics schema, with some timestamp appended.

If i delete data from all these '*fact*" tables, all analytics data will be cleared right? And no need to restart management server after erasing data?

Regards,

Sadiq.

remeeshnair
Participant IV

@Sadiq Hussain I assume Management server do some caching. I think the .fact table deletion should remove the data from database, though I am not fully aware of the Apigee Product internals. I would suggest you give a shot on your test environment and do MS Server & UI restart.

Regards,

Remeesh