Advanced security Extensions - HMAC and HTTP Signatures on Apigee Edge #iloveapis

Not applicable

Thanking @Dino and @Vinit Mehta - for conducting the workshop on advanced security extensions - HMAC and HTTP signatures - at the #iloveapis conference.

Before the session, i was not comfortable with security topics like HMAC, SAML, HTTP signatures. A clear and concise background of what / why and how HMAC is used - followed by a code walk-thru was very very helpful.

Understanding the configure + code approach - in Apigee Edge was the biggest takeaway from the conference. Immediately following the conference, I was able to use that approach at a client location and successfully integrated "Google APIs for Work" for their needs. Besides extending the shared JAVA callout code, I have also been able to handle HMAC - using Javascript and Node.js. My client is quite happy with the progress in this area. Other takeaways from the conference - were - interesting Keynote addresses, professional networking and insights into - what some of the leading companies are doing with API first approach.

Solved Solved
10 6 923
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

EXCELLENT @Aditya Elkunchwar !

So glad to hear this was of value to you!

I love going to the iloveapis conference - I always learn so much every year!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

EXCELLENT @Aditya Elkunchwar !

So glad to hear this was of value to you!

I love going to the iloveapis conference - I always learn so much every year!

Not applicable

Thanks @Dino and @Vinit Meha!

For those of you who come across this topic and would like to view the presentation materials as well as access the complete, fully-functioning code for the samples at this URL:

https://github.com/apigee/iloveapis2015-hmac-httpsignature

@Joshua Norrid ...The link is missing in your comment..Please share it.

Hi @RK4 - I have added the correct URL. Sorry about that, my paste did not work the first time. Please let us know what you think about the materials!

darpanjain420
Participant III

I am getting instantiation error. Please help me understand prerequisites for this?

Sure, I can try to help.

Maybe ask a new question, and post the details.

This code is coming up to 5 years old. Since I published those custom Java callouts, some of the security restrictions in Apigee have changed. It is possible that these changes have affected how the callouts run.

Post a new question, and I'll try to help you sort things out.